Born Name: Blake Ellender Brown
Nick Name: Blake Lively
Born in: Tarzana, Los Angeles, California, USA
Height: 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
Weight: 63 kg or 139 pounds
Education: Blake Lively attended Burbank High School, Burbank, California, USA until 2005. When she was not confirmed about taking acting as a career, Lively wanted to attend Stanford University.
- Father – Ernie Lively (né Ernest Wilson Brown, Jr.) (Actor)
- Mother – Elaine (née McAlpin) (Talent Manager)
- Siblings – Eric Lively (Older Brother) (Actor), Lori Lively (Older Half Sister) (Actress), Robyn Lively (Older Half Sister) (Actress), Jason Lively (Older Half Brother) (Actor)
1. Blake was born in Los Angeles, and has many brothers and sisters. Everybody in her family either is, or has been, in the entertainment industry.
2. Her parents actually taught acting lessons, and they didn’t want to leave her home with a babysitter, so they brought her along to the classes. That’s where she learned her basic acting skills and gained self-confidence.
3. It was her older brother who had asked his agent to help send Blake out on auditions.
4. At the time, Blake was still in high school, and had never really had an interest in becoming an actress. She was class President, a cheerleader, and wanted to attend Stanford University.
5. Her first audition was for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. She didn’t really know what to do, so she just walked up, gave them her photo, and walked out without saying a single word. They thought she was joking, and decided that she would make the perfect Bridget.
6. Of course, she landed the role and the movie went on to be a huge success. It even earned her a nomination for “Choice Movie Breakout – Female” at the Teen Choice Awards.
7. Blake graduated from high school and immediately went back to acting. Her next movie was Accepted, starring alongside Justin Long and Jonah Hill.
8. She earned herself a lead role in Gossip Girl as Serena van der Woodsen, earning $60,000 an episode. While she was on the show, she started dating co-star Penn Badgley. She had apparently known Penn since she was 11 years old.
9. She admitted she hated doing the intimate scenes on Gossip Girl. It was really awkward because the room was full of people but everybody was really silent while you got it on. Weird!
10. After Blake and Penn broke up, she was later rumored to be dating Ryan Gosling and later Leonardo DiCaprio.
11. Blake met Ryan Reynolds while filming Green Lantern in 2010. At the time he was still married to Scarlett Johansson, but they divorced a year later and he and Blake began a relationship in 2011.
12. Their relationship progressed relatively quickly. They purchased a home and were married in 2012. They welcomed their first daughter, James, in 2014. The two are now expecting their second child together.
13. Blake has a huge passion for cooking, and even attended a workshop at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. She says she hopes to return for further classes.
14. Her idol is Martha Stewart, and was so excited when she got to bake a cake with her on The Martha Stewart Show.
15. Blake and Ryan’s wedding was even featured on Martha Stewart Weddings, with a focus on the food and decor, of course.